This may not look like the most attractive breakfast – porridge rarely does – but it’s really fresh, creamy and tangy, with no added sugar. If you’re like me and don’t feel like a smoothie constitutes breakfast, but still like the flavours, this is for you. I modified (and in my mind infinitely improved) a recipe from Good Chef Bad Chef. So modify to your tastes too!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other kind of milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, mixed etc)
- 1/2 large ripe banana (frozen or freshly peeled)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (not essential)
- 1 tablespoon oat bran, psyllium husk, fibre supplement etc
Simply place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until all mixed in. I find if I’m using frozen bananas I need to add a bit more milk to get the consistency I want. If you prefer to use fresh berries, add less almond milk or it will be a bit watery.